Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gurkha Regent series

Overall a decent smoke, but I realized something about the few box pressed cigars I have had. They all seem to taste like cedar hardcore. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer something less so.

Gurkha Regent
Torpedo
Box Pressed
Medium-Full bodied
I am noticing the flavors in my cigars more and more now, and sticks that I used to think were plain and boring are now becoming more than just one toned.

A Cigar like this one, I would recommend smoking with a lighter beer like a German lager. A heavy beer would probably bring more flavors out of the cigar but could easily be overdoing it.

One rule I now follow is that if it is cold outside, drinking a heavy beer or scotch is fine with a good heavy cigar. If the weather is the opposite, heavy cigars can make you sick, and nobody wants an imperial stout or porter on a hot day anyhow!

No comments:

Post a Comment