Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guerrilla Beerfare

The drinking of high ABV beers is something that is more and more common these days. With beers such as Brewdog Tokio (18.2 ABV) readily available for purchase (shortly followed by consumption), it is not unlikely that people will be drinking one beer a night. 

I had the chance to drink Tokio, but only had about a shot glass worth because in all honesty... I was not ready to end my tasting early! My first experience with extreme ABV beer however, was with the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA while it was actually still available for purchase. 

I received this bottle as a gift and proceeded to drink it whilst playing a video game. It was incredibly smooth and had no ABV listed on the bottle. I drank it quite fast and then stood up for another beer, but realized soon after that I was actually buzzed pretty hard.

This may be something that some people look for in their beer, but I personally prefer to enjoy a plethora of beers before the night is over.

Therefore; I have coined the term Guerrilla Beerfare to explain what I consider the true form of drinking beer, and even the form that our ancestors used.

With average ABV's of around 5-6 percent, one can repeatedly attack their bodies with small forces of beer! Instead of instantly taking down your body's resistance and possibly ruining the whole night, slowly deliver... blow after blow... the 5-6 percent you need to enjoy other peoples company!



A toast to the Guerrilla in all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment