Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cigar Review: Gurkha Micro-Batch VH-7 Box Pressed Toro

When I first lit this cigar I was somewhat disappointed. It was very mild with some light sweet and spicy notes. However, my opinion quickly changed due to the overall evolution of the cigar. It has definitive stages as it burns down to the nub. The cigar itself is a blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos with a slight touch of Dominican tobacco. The cigar starts out mild and then moves into medium and finishes medium-heavy. The earthy and spicy notes intensify and the mouth feel becomes heavier as the mocha and coffee grounds become more pronounced. The aroma is sweet and earthy and overall very elegant. This smoke draws with easy and burns well for a box press. The evolution of the smoke is what really sold me on this one. I felt like sitting and reading a book while sipping on some good Bourbon or pondering great subjects while I smoked this.

Aroma: 4/5

Taste: 5/5

Draw: 4.5/5

Intensity: 3.5 or 4/5

Overall Balance: 4.5/5

Drink with: Small batch bourbon, whiskey or rum based cocktails, good company or a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment