Sunday, February 6, 2011

Escargot


For the first time today I enjoyed a plate of Escargot. It was not too bad, a bit rubbery and slimy with all the guts attached. Had to scoop em' out with a toothpick. Either way it was a cool experience! A little fishy tasting.

Just a thought however to go along with this small bit of information you might be able to live without knowing. I have been giving thought to food and beer pairings, and have found a couple that work really well.

1. Creamy Chicken Ramen noodles and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
2. Country style smoked ribs and Shiner Smokehaus.
3. Hot fudge Brownie topped with ice cream and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter or Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
4. Field Greens salad with raspberry walnut vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar salad and Lindeman's Framboise Lambic.

Now that I have had dead snails, I think that I would be able to say that probably an ESB of some sort would really accentuate the flavors... don't take my word for it though, and let me taste for poison first.

If you have any good food and beer pairing ideas let me know and I will try them out as the Guinea Pig.

That's right, I will actually put my life on the line to give you answers! (Pssshhttt!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment