Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Horrifying Tales of Doc Hops

Thursday, June 30, 2:41PM:

Upon entering my residence I notice immediately the sudden weighing down of my body. There is an acrid energy about and it fills my heart with dread. Being the brave one I continue on to search for what could be causing this upset in the natural order of things.

I walk towards the bedroom, but stop immediately at the sound of quiet sobbing to my direct right. I glance slowly and notice it is coming from the office, and turn to investigate. By now the lump in my throat is enormous but I press on in the name of science.

The door was recently oiled and opened smoothly to reveal at my feet a strange moss where carpet should have been. The smell of fresh hops invades my senses and I am drawn in to this fantastic place. A few steps further reveals to my eyes that the office has been transformed through some fantastic magic into a world of beer!

Giddy as a school girl I run in and start gathering bottles of beer from the beer bushes and chugging them down one by one. The taste is like ambrosia to the gods. With a single blink, everything is dark. I stumble around for what seems hours in search of the exit to this now increasingly frightening environment. An aroma of decaying plant material and stale Busch enter my senses and I begin running. 

A spotlight ahead far in the distance draws my attention so I begin towards it. Alone in the center of this spotlight is a refrigerator. On the front, a single note exists.

The note says in such simple writing, "Don't forget the beer". I had forgotten to buy beer at the grocery!

I wake up in a cold sweat, realizing that it was all just a horrible nightmare. I stand slowly and walk to the kitchen to grab a cold refreshing brew. Opening the fridge, I grab a single can of delicious beer and open it...

It is warm!

I wake up again, in an even sweatier state than before.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment