Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gnomegang Review and Hot Sauce

Today I came across something I bought only because I only saw six. Gnomegang from Ommegang and La Chouffe breweries. A great beer. Belgian Blonde with serious fruit notes and banana aftertastes. The whole bottle absolutely demolished my mind for a few hours.. then I got really sleepy and read a little.. now I am here when i should be sleeping.

Other than this exciting chain of events... today I consumed one of the hottest host sauces I have ever had. I have been adding ghost pepper hot sauce (at about 1,000,000 scoville units) to my soups because just a couple drops adds a great flavor and heat.

The small extremely potent shit I had today, however, was 1.5 million on the scoville scale. It was an extract of habanero, which somehow beats the ghost pepper. I will admit this; the ghost pepper sauce is an instant and fast residing pain, while this crap was a slow acting, esophagus charring, lip chapping potion from the farthest reaches of hell. I really can say it was one of the hotter things I have eaten. My good ol' pal Doryan decided to rub his eyes with it to make things interesting, and that it sure did. I was so jealous of his extreme pain and wanted in on this... but changed my mind at the last second!

Only one thing could have made this better. Cold beers for the whole group of we the fools who ventured into the world of Da Bomb.


No comments:

Post a Comment