Monday, March 7, 2011

The Allure of Mystery

Although not as mystical as the title may suggest, I find it hard to not buy these godforsaken limited edition beers that appear on the market occasionally.


Even though 80% of them end up tasting just like every other I find... I still keep pushing coin toward them.


For example; Deschutes releases their 2010 Jubel, to be brewed but once a decade... how can I not buy it? 


The only exception to this "diving into a mysterious bottle of beer head first" act, is when the beer is outrageously priced. I find Samuel Adams Infinium on the shelf at almost twenty dollars a bottle and have to pass it up.


I just cannot bring myself to spend half of what I would on a nice bottle of Scotch on such things, especially when I hear they are only half decent. NOW if the rumors spread told of amazing brew, then I would most likely give in and purchase. 


Beer should not be so expensive, but these damn limited releases keep me spending too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment